Stretch Marks: How they happen and How to Get Rid of Them
Stretch marks are common features that appear when your skin is suddenly stretched. They look like narrow, long lines, stripes, or streaks across your skin. Women are especially affected by stretch marks more than men, and they are often found on hips, thighs, upper arms, lower back, breasts or stomach.
Before stretch marks actually completely form, the skin can feel irritated or itchy. It also begins to look thin and pink. They then begin to form wrinkly, raised streaks which change color over time to a more silvery shade.
There are many reasons for stretch marks to develop, and they can be an unwelcomed sight.
Causes behind Stretch Marks
There are many reasons why stretch marks can begin to appear on your body.
- Pregnancy is the leading cause of stretch marks and 50 to 90 percent women who get pregnant begin to experience stretch marks. This can often happen during birth or post-birth when your body is still going through extensive changes in the body.
- Everyone’s body grows at a rapid pace during puberty which causes the skin to stretch which cause these lines to begin appearing.
- If someone puts on a lot of weight during a small period of time, that can also cause stretch marks to appear.
- Many lotions and creams can also affect the growth of stretch marks in your body. Corticosteroid creams are one type of cream that can reduce collagen levels in the skin. This causes the support for skin to decrease which can cause stretch marks.
- Some people also experience stretch marks after going through some medical conditions. Cushing’s syndrome or Marfan’s Syndrome can decrease the elasticity of the skin tissue or increase hormones that cause skin rigidity and weight gain. This can also cause stretch marks to appear.
How to Get Rid of Them
Natural stretch mark removals can hold a variety of techniques. There are a lot of creams and lotions that claim to treat stretch marks. It is also suggested that exercise and diet can also make stretch marks disappear. However, a lot of these methods do not completely remove the problem or work for some individuals. Since a lot of people have different types of elasticity and reasons behind stretch marks, such methods aren’t completely effective.
Another method to remove stretch marks is through laser treatment. It uses ablation therapy to remove stretch marks; however, some clients may actually need over 10 treatments to start showing a difference in bodies.
Tummy tucks are one of the only truly effective methods to eliminate stretch marks in their entirety. While other methods mainly focus on camouflaging stretch marks, tummy tucks can actually completely remove stretch marks from your body. This method works to tighten the abdominal muscles. It also removes the excess skin you have which can really cause your skin to relax instead of being overly stretched.
It is always better to research all your options and have knowledge on any procedures you may want before you employ any. To find more information get a free consultancy appointment at once.Stretch marks are common features that appear when your skin